If you are a writer, writer’s block can be one of the most frustrating experiences. It leaves us feeling like no matter how hard we try, nothing will come out. Many writers need help with writer’s block and often find it challenging to build up a writing habit that is consistent and productive. But by understanding the causes of writer’s block and learning how to build a writing habit, you can become the writer you’ve always wanted to be.
Here are six tips for building your writing habit:
- Set realistic goals. It’s important to set achievable goals when building any habit. Make sure that these goals are realistic and achievable.
- Make it a priority. Writing should be an essential part of your daily routine, and you should carve out time for it each day, which will help make the habit more solidified in your mind.
- Take breaks often. Taking regular intervals helps keep writer’s block from setting in. Get up, move around, and get some fresh air to keep writer’s block at bay.
- Have a writing space. Having a dedicated workspace that is comfortable and inviting can help you focus on the task at hand.
- Track your progress. Tracking your progress can be a great way to stay motivated and on track with your writing.
- Reward yourself. Treat yourself when you hit a milestone or finish a project. Even a small reward can help motivate you to keep going.
By following these tips, writer’s block can become a thing of the past, and you can build up an effective writing habit that will help you become the writer you’ve always wanted to be.
My Personal Best
My day can start anywhere from 3 AM or 7 AM, depending on how I feel. Regardless of when it starts, I create a strategy the night before to ensure I know what my day looks like once I am up.
Since I work from home, I do what I can to balance my work life and time with my loved ones. By loved ones, I meant my cats. They are demanding, but I love them, so hush it.
I’ll have something quick and filling for breakfast, such as oatmeal and fruit. I have been intermittent fasting since I was twelve, so having a hearty breakfast was never a big deal. I would start my day with a fresh brew of coffee and head to my office for an hour of workout.
This is my sixth post, and it is now the afternoon. I spend about a few hours in the morning reviewing a binder in which I keep notes. I browse this binder, and whatever I find interesting, I’ll write about it, just like today. Every day I would jot down ideas that I know will make sense later.
By doing this, I will always have things to share or go over.
Dedicate Time To Succeed
Writer’s block can be conquered with dedication and hard work. A consistent writing habit can be built. By making writing a priority and having realistic goals, small rewards, and taking breaks when needed, becoming the writer you want to be is achievable. With the right mindset and a plan of attack, writer’s block will become a thing of the past. So don’t give up on your writing dreams—consider some of these tips and start building your writing habit today! Good luck!
Like these types of content? Consider signing up for my newsletter to get updates in your inbox.